Ending round-the-clock rumours that had sent the world of technology into a tizzy for quite some time now, Apple on Wednesday unveiled its stunning iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus along with next-generation ‘Apple Watch Series 2’ at the jam-packed Bill Graham Civic Auditorium.
So, this is what iPhone 7 finally has: Water and dust resistance, dual-lens camera (in iPhone 7 Plus), a pressure-sensitive home button, 7 MP HD front camera and 12 MP rear main camera.
The phone will come in four colours: Jet Black, gold, silver and rose gold.
“Optical image stabilisation in all new iPhones, allowing for up to 3x longer exposure,” Tech Crunch reported.
Apple’s twin lens setup is wide angle and telephoto in the iPhone 7 Plus.
For actual, optical zoom, one lens handles 1x zoom; the other handles 2x, the report added. iPhone 7 Plus now has 10x zoom.
The camera app is getting a “portrait” mode that’ll use the dual-lenses and depth mapping to simulate the DSLR visual quality.
“We’re not saying that iPhone replaces your DSLR. We’re saying this is the best camera we’ve ever built in any iPhone. For many customers, it’ll be the best camera they’ve ever owned,” said Senior Vice President (Worldwide Marketing) at Apple, Philip W. Schiller.
The device also has a quad-LED flash with 50 per cent light output, and can detect/compensate for the imperceptible flickering of energy efficient lights.
Starting at US$369, the ‘Apple Watch Series 2’ will be water resistant to 50 metres and the speaker will literally repel the water like a piston.
Pre-orders for ‘Series 2’ will open on September 9 and the shipment will start from September 16.
“The Watch uses the speaker as a sonic water impeller to push water out after a swim,” Tech Crunch reported.
The device will have a dual core processor with GPU that is up to two times faster. The second generation Watch will have the brightest display ever 1,000 nits so that users can see it in full sunlight) and runs watchOS 3.
“If you’ve used a GPS Watch before, you know that sometimes it can take a while to connect to satellites. With Apple Watch, you just hit start and it’s ready,” Apple’s Chief Operating Officer, Jeff Williams told the gathering.
Apple also introduced a new ceramic Watch case and band. The tech giant will continue its partnership with Hermes to build Series 2 Watches.
Apple also unveiled Apple Watch Nike+ — a watch built with runners in mind.
“Selling in just eight months of 2015, we became the second most popular watch brand [behind Rolex],” Williams said earlier.
The GPS-powered Pokemon Go game has also arrived on Apple Watch.
Apple Watch series 1 will start at $269.
“Since its launch, Apple Music has grown to 17 million subscribers. Seventeen million Apple Music subscribers compared to 39 million for digital music service Spotify,” Apple CEO Tim Cook announced.
“140 billion apps have been downloaded from the iOS App Store till date. In the last two months, we’ve seen
- The Virtual Grocery Store (5 downloads)
- Fraud risks in the consumer products and retail sector (5 downloads)
- Food Industry Forecast: Key Trends Through 2020 (8 downloads)
- Global Powers of Retailing 2017: The art and science of customers (5 downloads)
- Creating the Right Retail Strategy for Successful eCommerce in the Age of Amazon (8 downloads)
- App Annie 2016 Retrospective (11 downloads)
- Company profile: Alibaba, China's largest retailer - Euromonitor International (7 downloads)
- Sustainability and the New Normal for Natural Resources - Euromonitor International (7 downloads)
- The Growth of Retail Apps – App Annie (13 downloads)
- 4 Stages For Rolling Out Endless Aisle: How to launch a successful pilot - iQmetrix (8 downloads)
- The Mobile commerce landscape in manufacturing & distribution - Handshake (10 downloads)
- Intelligence Node: The outerwear report fall 2016 (6 downloads)
- Retail TouchPoints: Five Steps Toward Reimagining The Physical Store (9 downloads)
- Synchrony Financial: Driving Shopper Engagement through Digital Technology (8 downloads)
- Radial: Is there Grit in Amazon’s Flywheel? (7 downloads)
- Deloitte Retailers’ Christmas Survey 2016 (14 downloads)
- Accenture Consulting: 2016 Global Research: Customers are shouting, are retailers listening? (8 downloads)
- Accenture Consulting: Retail customers are shouting—are you adapting? (9 downloads)
- Multi-channel retail report: 2015 UK Edition (10 downloads)
- Mobile Retail Report: 2015 UK Edition (7 downloads)
- Christmas Review: Department Stores 2016 (9 downloads)
- The Best of both worlds: Why omni-channel retailers are winning - Salesforce (20 downloads)
- Prepare for the future of shopping - Vend (24 downloads)
- Omni-channel Retail: Short study on White Goods, Retail lighting and Brown Goods Sectors - Red Seer Consulting (16 downloads)
- The In-person sales channel in manufacturing & distribution - Handshake (18 downloads)
- Fashion Marketing Trends: Strategies From Top Brands That Apply To All E-Commerce Budgets - Retail Touch Points (23 downloads)
- The Growth of Retail Apps: What Retailers Can Learn From Top Apps - App Annie Intelligence (15 downloads)
- Seven must-follow trends in the fashion supply chain for 2017 (35 downloads)
- The Connected shopper in Eurasia & Africa 2016 - CCRRC (20 downloads)
- Studying customer behavior in retail stores (15 downloads)
- People power for C - Stores - NACS (15 downloads)
- The Consumer Decision Journey: Retail - Microsoft (21 downloads)
- The International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research - Routledge (14 downloads)
- Impact of the Retail Distribution Review on consumer interaction with the retail investments market - NMG (17 downloads)
- Food & drink trends 2017 - Mintel (22 downloads)
- The Online Fresh Foods Opportunity in Asia Pacific - CCRRC (22 downloads)
- Shaping the future of online grocery - CCRRC (22 downloads)
- Perspectives on retail and consumer goods - McKinsey&Company (20 downloads)
- 2015-16 Outlook for the Retail and Consumer Products Sector in Asia - pwc (22 downloads)
- Total Retail 2015: Retailers and the Age of Disruption - pwc (22 downloads)
- Luxury Retail’s Evolving Landscape - Cognizant (18 downloads)
- Indian gold jewellery retail industry - ICRA Research Services (20 downloads)
- Driving through the consumer’s mind: Steps in the buying process - Deloitte (22 downloads)
- Online Retail in India: Clicking Towards Growth - Deloitte (20 downloads)
- Consumer Products Spotlight: Redefining Revenue Recognition - Deloitte (18 downloads)
- International Journal of Research in IT, Management and Engineering (19 downloads)
- Global Powers of Consumer Products 2015: Connecting with the connected consumer - Deloitte (23 downloads)
- Digital Life and Consumers - March 2015 (14 downloads)
- Omnichannel Retail: Study on white goods, retail lighting and brown goods sectors (18 downloads)
- Strategies for Expanding into Emerging Markets with E-Commerce - Euromonitor International (21 downloads)
- Consumers in the Digital World: Hyperconnectivity and Technology Trends - Euromonitor International (13 downloads)
- Consumers in 2016 - Euromonitor International (18 downloads)
- How to target Chinese shoppers abroad - Euromonitor International (14 downloads)
- Turning customer insight into action - KPMG (18 downloads)
- R&C Trendwatch - October 2016 - pwc (15 downloads)
- The Convergence of Physical and Digital Retail: State of Retail 2016 - timetrade (20 downloads)
- The Internationalisation of retailing - Euromonitor International (14 downloads)
- Retail sector: Tax rate benchmarking - PWC (17 downloads)
- The impact of millennials' consumer behaviour on global market - Euromonitor International (15 downloads)
- Redefining business success in a changing world: Retail and consumer industry key findings - PWC (16 downloads)
- r&c worlds Express September 2016 - PWC (21 downloads)
- Top omnichannel strategies to gear up for the holiday season - Radial (19 downloads)
- ProWein Future Retail Trends: ProWein 2016 – Survey Summary / 10. February 2016 (21 downloads)
- Internationalisation of Retail, 2015 - Planet Retail (21 downloads)
- Top 10 Future Retail Trends - Planet Retail (23 downloads)
- Mobile Commerce: The Next Big Thing in Food & Beverage Distribution - Handshake (25 downloads)
- Main streets across the World 2016-17 - Cushman & Wakefield (22 downloads)
- Main streets across the World 2015-16 - Cushman & Wakefield (16 downloads)
- Leveraging consumer loyalty to drive mobile payments adoption - Euromonitor International 2014 (18 downloads)
- Disruptive influences: The three key trends transforming the face of retail - KPMG (18 downloads)
- How to identify food trends - White Paper (54 downloads)
- Global retail trends implications for commercial real estate - CBRE (18 downloads)
- Global Retail Expansion at a Crossroads - ATKearney (21 downloads)
- Brand Engagement Survey: China - Gensler Research (17 downloads)
- Retailing in the Americas: Key Stories 2015 - Euromonitor International (16 downloads)
- Retail Report: HASS Avocado Board (17 downloads)
- Trends in Digital Retail: Engaging & Converting Through Personalization & Omnichannel Excellence: eTail (18 downloads)
- E-Pharmacy in India: Last mile access to medicines - FICCI (15 downloads)
- Demonetisation: The Nielsen View (33 downloads)
- Customer metrics: sideshow or game changer: KPMG (19 downloads)
- Consumer Trends Update: Canada’s Changing Retail Market - Canada (16 downloads)
- Australia Consumer and Retail Trends: pma (18 downloads)
- The Top 5 Consumer-Driven Trends in Retail: bazaarvoice (19 downloads)
- Retail 2023: Trends affecting retail strategy over the next decade - RBS (27 downloads)
- TAPPING THE LOCAL HOTSPOTS IN THE GLOBAL BAZAAR (20 downloads)
- The State of Retail 2015 (14 downloads)
- THE VALUE OF HELPFUL EXPERTISE IN RETAIL STUDY (13 downloads)
- PERSPECTIVES on RETAIL TECHNOLOGY - OCTOBER-2016 (16 downloads)
- PERSPECTIVES on RETAIL TECHNOLOGY - MAY-2016 (15 downloads)
- LOGISTICS CAN HELP E-COMMERCE GO THE DISTANCE (18 downloads)
- GLOBAL MNCS & LOCAL GIANTS: WINNING IN INDIA (21 downloads)
- GET WITH THE PROGRAM: CARD-CARRYING CONSUMER PERSPECTIVES ON RETAIL LOYALTY PROGRAM PARTICIPATION AND PERKS (16 downloads)
- Think Smaller for Big Growth: How to thrive in the new retail landscape (18 downloads)
- LOOKING TO ACHIEVE NEW PRODUCT SUCCESS? (19 downloads)
- THE FUTURE OF GROCERY: E-COMMERCE, DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY AND CHANGING SHOPPING PREFERENCES AROUND THE WORLD (21 downloads)
- WINNING PROPOSITIONS, WINNING BRANDS (24 downloads)
- WHAT CLICKS WITH THE ONLINE SHOPPER? (77 downloads)
- SUPER SHOPPER: THE RETAILER’S GUIDE (19 downloads)
- SUPER CONSUMERS: RACING TO THE TOP (19 downloads)
- HINTERLANDS BECOME FMCG’S TRUMP CARD (26 downloads)
- CAMPUS TRACK 2016: ECOMMERCE I S THE PICK OF THE LOT (18 downloads)
- ANTICIPATE WITH ANALYTICS: THE FUTURE OF FMCG (26 downloads)
- CASH IS NO LONGER THE KING (15 downloads)
- Global Retail & Consumer Goods CEO Survey: The Omni-Channel Fulfillment Imperative (21 downloads)
- GLOBAL TRUST IN ADVERTISING (17 downloads)
- Study: Rethinking Retail (27 downloads)
- Reinventing retail: What Businesses Need to Know for 2014 (13 downloads)
- 2016 Global Research: Customers are shouting, are retailers listening? (18 downloads)
- Retail customers are shouting - are you adapting? (17 downloads)
- The Consumer Decision Journey: Retail Understanding consumer decision-making along the retail path to purchase (18 downloads)
- International Journal in Management and Social Science (Impact Factor- 5.276) (26 downloads)
- Ready to engage with tomorrow’s shopper? (19 downloads)
- Thinking like a customer (18 downloads)
- INDIAN FASHION WHITEPAPER 2016: Decoding The Fashion Landscape With Data (16 downloads)
- The Fourth Wheel 2016 (15 downloads)
- Smart Cities: An opportunity to transform Indian cities into global destinations (19 downloads)
- RFID IN THE RETAIL MARKET: Real-Time Monitoring Drives Real-Time Benefits (22 downloads)
- Perspectives on retail and consumer goods (24 downloads)
- Online and upcoming: The Internet’s impact on India (23 downloads)
- Big data: The next frontier for innovation, competition, and productivity (19 downloads)
- INDIAN FASHION WHITEPAPER 2016 (16 downloads)
- INDIA’S ASCENT: FIVE OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH AND TRANSFORMATION (18 downloads)
- Indian Railways: On the Fast track to growth (17 downloads)
- Retail FDI in India: Towards a brighter tomorrow (24 downloads)
- Vision 2020: Implications for MSMEs (16 downloads)
- Future of Retail: Strategic Digital Transformation (20 downloads)
- Unlocking the potential in the food and beverage services sector (19 downloads)
- A guide to establishing presence in India (23 downloads)
- The Deloitte Consumer Review: Digital Predictions 2016 (17 downloads)
- The path to 2020: Taking the long view of retail market entry (30 downloads)
- Optimizing the retail bank supply chain (16 downloads)
- The Ripple Effect: How manufacturing and retail executives view the growing challenge of supply chain risk (18 downloads)
- Global Powers of Retailing 2016: Navigating the new digital divide (20 downloads)
- What got you here won’t get you there: Evolving the merchandising function in today’s battle for share (23 downloads)
- Navigating the New Digital Divide: Key Imperatives for Indian Retailers (22 downloads)
- Global Powers of Luxury Goods 2016: Disciplined innovation (16 downloads)
- 2016 Global Manufacturing Competitiveness Index (14 downloads)
- 2015-2016 Private Label Sourcing Survey: Shifts in countries and capabilities (18 downloads)
- The Future of Retail Security In the Eyes of Security Professionals (15 downloads)
- THE FUTURE OF RETAIL (19 downloads)
- A Roadmap to Digital Value in the Retail Industry (19 downloads)
- Challenges for retail real estate in India’s transitioning society (23 downloads)
- Brexit - A Retail Industry Perspective (12 downloads)
- HOW CUSTOMERS RATE THE MOBILE RETAIL APP LEADERS (17 downloads)
- Redefining Markets Insights from the Global C-suite Study – The CMO perspective (20 downloads)
- BBG-Retail (17 downloads)
- App Annie 2015 Retrospective (21 downloads)
- Retail Apps Competing for the Worlds Most Valuable Shoppers (13 downloads)
- Relevant Retailing: Findings from the IBM 2016 Global Customer Experience Index (19 downloads)
- Think India Think Retail 2016 (29 downloads)
- The Multichannel High Street: Winning the Retail Battle in 2015 In Partnership (15 downloads)
- Is it zero hour for consumer packaged goods companies? (17 downloads)
- The Future of Shopping (16 downloads)
- What you should expect from a food & beverage inventory system (17 downloads)
- Managing cyber risk in the restaurant sector (17 downloads)
- India Inc: Shifting to top gear (16 downloads)
- Top 10 Global Consumer Trends for 2016 (20 downloads)
- Building retail businesses for tomorrow today (29 downloads)
- 7TH ANNUAL MOBILE RESEARCH SURVEY Mobile Accelerates to the Express Lane (20 downloads)
- Are you profitability ready? Perspectives on the Indian retail industry (26 downloads)
- INDIAN FASHION WHITEPAPER 2016 (33 downloads)
- Total Retail 2016 Global Report (21 downloads)
- 2015-16 Outlook for the Retail and Consumer Products Sector in Asia (23 downloads)
- Retail evolution:Why marketing to the middle doesn’t work anymore (24 downloads)
- Ecommerce Benchmark & Retail Report 2016 (30 downloads)
- Deloltte Global Powers of Retailing 2016 (18 downloads)
- WALKER SANDS FUTURE OF RETAIL 2016 (21 downloads)
Apple also debuted a ‘Notify’ option on the App Store for a brand new “Super Mario Run” game.
Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be available for iOS lovers in India beginning October 7 – the last in the list of countries.
Available in silver, gold, rose gold and the new black finish (jet black), iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be available in 32GB, 128GB and 256GB models, starting at Rs 60,000.
The new jet black finish will be offered exclusively on the 128GB and 256GB models from Apple authorised resellers and select carriers, the Cupertino-based tech giant announced on Wednesday.
Pre-orders for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus begins from September 9 and the shipping will start from September 16 first in 25 countries and other countries a week later.
All iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus models will include EarPods with “Lightning Connector” and a Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter, also sold separately for Rs 2,500 and Rs 900, respectively.
“Apple-designed accessories including leather and silicone cases in a range of colours will be available starting at Rs 2,900 and iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case will be offered in black and white for Rs 8,900,” the company said.
Lightning Docks in several colour-matching metallic finishes will also be available for Rs 3,700.
The newly-launched Apple Watch Series 2 will be available in gold, rose gold, silver or space grey aluminium, or silver or space black stainless steel cases paired with a wide variety of bands starting at Rs 32,900.
The new ceramic Apple Watch Edition starts at Rs 110,900 from select Apple authorised resellers and carriers.
Apple Watch Nike+ starts at Rs 32,900.
Apple Watch Series 1 will be available in gold, rose gold, silver or space grey aluminium cases paired with a Sport Band and starts at Rs 23,900.
The new Apple-designed wireless AirPods including charging case will be available for Rs 15,400, beginning in late October in India.
AirPods require Apple devices running iOS 10, watchOS 3 or macOS Sierra.